Slightly edgier than the Dist II, with more mid tones heard than the Holy War, this Dist III pedal is the Rowin version of a ProCo Turbo Rat, using the same LM308 chip and LED clipping.
Sounds like: ProCo RAT, as used by Buckethead, David Gilmour, Dave Grohl, Thom Yorke, Thurston Moore, Melt-Banana, Robert Fripp, Morbid Angel, Jeff Beck, Psychedelic Furs, Wilco, Cake and A Flock of Seagulls – ten points if you know at least three of those names!
- Analog circuitry with true bypass
The vital difference between analog and digital circuitry is comparable to pixels in digital images. Viewed from afar, the digital recreation of an analog wave signal may seem smooth, but when you look closely there are tiny discrete steps as the signal tries to approximate values. Analog waves are smooth and continuous, digital waves are stepping, square, and discrete.
- Create your own gritty tone – Vintage or Turbo
This distortion pedal can create a wide array of tones with the use of the filter, level and gain knobs and the two switched gain options, Vintage and Turbo.
- Zinc alloy shell
- True bypass 3DPT switches
- Power supply: centre - 9V DC, not included
- Current draw: 5mA
- Input impedance: 10k Ohms
- Output impedance: 1k Ohms
- Dimensions: L92mm x W40mm x H32mm (H50mm including switch)
- Weight: 210g